Additional Learning Support
Our school can provide additional support to students if they have any particular needs which fall under our support programs.
We cater for the specific and general needs of children and young people with learning difficulties and disabilities, and our learning environment enables all students to be included in school life.
Examples of the learning support available include:
- Individual educational plans
- Assessments and specialist support (NEPS and Enable Ireland)
- Special needs assistants
- Additional study support
- Special arrangements for the sitting of state exams
- Adaptive learning aids and specialist equipment
Catherine McAuley School has excellent partnerships with local colleges and universities in terms of placements and extracurricular activities. We consider these links to be crucial to the continuing expansion of our educational programmes in terms of expertise and looking to the future of standards within education.
Core Educational Staff
Catherine McAuley School Staffing:
- An Administrative Principal
- 4 teachers in the primary school section
- 3 teachers implementing the JCSP programme
- 3 teachers implementing the Junior Certificate programme
- 2 teachers implementing the Life Skills programme
- 2 teachers implementing the FETAC programme
- 2 teachers implementing the LCA programme
- 3 teachers of pupils with Autism
- 16 Special Needs Assistants
Specialist teachers for;
- Hair & Beauty
- Social Education
Ancillary Support Staff;
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech & Language Therapist
- Physiotherapist (All linked to Blackberry Park)
Provision of Support for our Pupils
Catherine McAuley School has an excellent record of educational management, provision and support within a learning environment designed to bring out the best in our pupils including:
- A wide variety of educational programmes designed to help our pupils progress to post school placements and the world of work.
- Close links to NEPS (National Educational Psychological Service) and the schools services based at Blackberry Park.
- Excellent support through group and one-to-one teaching.
- Continuous monitoring of pupils’ progress and feedback to parents/guardians at regular intervals over the course of the school year.
- Support from the National Learning Network.
- Special Educational Needs Officers
- Enable Ireland Limerick Children's Services (trans disciplinary team)
- The Congregation of The Sisters of Mercy: www.sistersofmercy.ie
- The Department of Education and Science: www.education.ie
- The State Examinations Commission: www.examinations.ie
- The Irish Special Schools' Sports Council:: www.isssc.ie
- The Leaving Certificate Applied Programme http://lca.slss.ie/
- Further Education and Training Awards Council: www.fetac.ie
- Websites of Other Irish schools: www.iol.ie/ednet/
- Green Schools: www.greenschoolsireland.org
- Citizens Advice: www.citizensinformation.ie/en/
- Enable Ireland (Blackberry Park): www.enableireland.ie/
- Health Service Executive: www.hse.ie/eng/
- Special Ed Support Services: www.sess.ie/
- Autism Information: www.autismawareness.net/support.htm
- Fetac: www.fetac.ie/fetac/
- Examinations Info: www.examinations.ie/
- Primary Curriculum: www.curriculumonline.ie/en/
- NCCA: www.action.ncca.ie/en/start
- Department of Education and Science: www.education.ie/
- National Council for Special Education: www.ncse.ie/